Saturday, March 22, 2008

All kinds of links, mostly science-related

Tom's Astronomy Blog points out that the NASA Mars Rover team is now all-female. As an alum of an all-female astronomy department, can I just say how freaking awesome it is that this can just happen?

(There were some male professors, but even the observatory computers were female: Caroline, Maria, Annie, Henrietta)

And on top of that, Google has released a new time-waster: Google Sky. (via FishBowlNY)

Jenny Davidson links to an explanation of why novelists should learn statistics. I've mentioned before that my stats classes mostly taught me to put no faith in survey data, but I learned the math too.

Interesting tidbit, via Maud Newton: Henry David Thoreau's notebooks are serving as evidence of global warming.

No comments: