Monday, September 1, 2008

Linkfest

In honor of the fact that I can now sit at a desk and type (really, what took me so long?)

From BoingBoing
Female friendships - Anne and Diana, and real ones, too

You know what's missing from modern warfare? Lawsuits.

Argh.

More for writers, from Cheryl Klein.

More map lust: London (via)

Political journalism then and now.

The Dead Sea Scrolls, coming (sort of) soon to pixels near you.

I might have missed this one if not for Lisa Chellman's excellent post title.

Not only true of editors, but also of critique partners: "When we write, we might know what we mean to say, and we become blind to the looseness in our language and the gaps in our facts."

4 comments:

Christine M said...

Regarding your last quote there- it reminds me that when I was in High School I used to be fond of saying "just because I didn't write it doesn't mean it's not there."

Sarah Rettger said...

So true!

PJ Hoover said...

Love your links, Sarah! Thanks!

Vivian said...

Great links! Thanks!